What is hypnosis and how does it work?*
Hypnosis is simply focused attention that might be best described as guided day-dreaming. When one is day-dreaming or is focused on a particular task, the sub-conscious mind takes care of most of the activities of our lives. For good or ill, our subconscious prompts automatic thoughts and behaviors which have become habitual.
- You are always in control of yourself. Hypnosis is not mind-control or brainwashing.
- You won’t do anything you don’t want to do. You won’t act like a chicken or do silly things.
- You won’t reveal any secrets you want to keep. Hypnosis is not a truth serum.
- You will likely leave the session feeling better, stronger, more rested and more empowered in virtually every way
What can we actually do in hypnosis?*
Hypnosis has demonstrated effectiveness in
- Pain Management
- Craving Control (tobacco, carbohydrates, sugar, caffeine, etc.)
- Stress Reduction and as an effective complementary therapy for stress-related diseases.
- Willpower Development
- Sleep Improvement
- Confidence Building
- Performance Improvement (sports, concentration, test anxiety, study skills)
*Expect a minimum of three sessions but you are free stop and restart at any time.